1912 - 1989
Photo is a gift from
Cynthia Freeland. Taken by either
by her or by Ken Alpern. Krist Bender, Cynthia's husband, scanned it.
PROBLEMS FROM WILFRID SELLARS
"Sellars is one of the most important philosophical writers
of the century, perhaps of any century, and he was also one of the most
outstanding philosophy editors of the century, perhaps of any century."
Who was Wilfrid Sellars?
- Wilfrid Sellars, "Autobiographical Reflections: (February, 1973)" Published in Action, Knowledge and Reality, edited by H.N. Castañeda (Indianapolis:
Bobbs-Merrill, 1975): 277-93.
- Jay Rosenberg, "Fusing the Images: Nachruf
for Wilfrid Sellars," Journal for General Philosophy of Science
(Zeitschrift für allgemeine Wissenschaftstheorie), 21 (1990):
- Jay Rosenberg, "Wilfrid
Sellars," entry in Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Christopher Gauker, entry in (Internet), 1998.
- Susanna Downie (ed.), In Memoriam
(a collection of remarks made at the Memorial Service for Wilfrid Sellars
in the Heinz Chapel at Pitt (1989), and some additional remarks by some
of his students), 1990.
- Adolf Grünbaum, "Mary Connor: In
Memoriam" Nov. 7, 1996 (Wilfrid Sellars' Secretary)
Maintained by Andrew
Letters to the Webmaster
This site was created in November 1995.
Counting since May 18, 1998